LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding drivers to installer

I am sure this has come up before but I could not find a suitable answer from the forum.  I have completed my first project (somewhat), but I have found distributing the application to be harder than expected (I am using LV 2009). 

I have created a program to do in-system programming for MSP430 processors.  I am using an Elprotronics flash programming adapter and a digital I/O module from Measurement Computing.  My issue is not getting the distribution to work primarily, it is all the drivers that I must install along with my LV program.  For the installer, the only options available are for NI drivers.  I thought perhaps using just the .dlls would be enough but the system does no recognize the devices.  What am I missing?  Is there a way to package the drivers for these devices in the installer and have them install along with my LV program?  Thanks for any assistance you can give.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,175 Views)

MoReese,

There is not a way to have those 3rd party installers show up in the Additional Installers list. However, if you look at the Advanced Page (Installer Properties Dialog Box) you can see the option to Run an executable at end of installation. That executable could be a .EXE or .BAT file, both of which you could configure to run all your other driver installers.

Here is a link that talks about running .exe's from a LabVIEW VI.

How Do I Run an Executable or External File From Within LabVIEW?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Message 2 of 2
(2,155 Views)