LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Signal Processing vi to application causes exe not to work

I am having a problem with building an exe that I hope someone can help me with.

I have a LV2010 (10.0.1) project that I a build into an exe. This has worked fine and the exe works as it should.

My problem starts when I add a vi.lib (Extract Single Tone Information) vi to the code to calculate the detected frequency of a vibration signal. I can run the application in Labview without any problems.

ni_help_1.png

When I try to build the executable I get an error:
ni_help_2.png

This is the full error message: 

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 1502 occurred at AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Save.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Engine_Build.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Cannot save a bad VI without its block diagram.

After searching through the message boards I found that I could enable debugging in the Build Specifications and that would allow LV to compile the exe without error:
ni_help_3.png

But the next problem is that the exe cannot run:

ni_help_4.png

I am stuck now. The exe does not run on my development machine. Am I missing some dll files that are needed because of the Extract Singal Tone Information.vi?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,520 Views)

Hi Thorarinn,

Please look at this knowledgebase for a possible solution to the error that you are receiving. 

If the hyperlink does not work please go to the link below

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F715F1ED66878F8E862574F8006AD6A1?OpenDocument

Regards

Arham H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,496 Views)

Thank you for the suggestion.

But this happens on my development machine. Should that happen if it is a problem with the .NET driver?

On my development machine I have .NET 4.0 installed.

On my test machine I have .NET 4.5 installed.

Is there anyway that I can test to see if .NET is the issue?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,486 Views)

Hi,

I don't expect it to be a .NET driver issue on the development computer since the program works in development mode. We can confirm this by creating an executable with an a pre built LabVIEW example. You can open  Basic Single Tone Measurement.vi from the example finder or from the detailed help page of the 'Extract Single Tone.vi'. Create an executable and run it see if you get the same issue.

Regards

Arham H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,466 Views)

I have managed to fix this problem.

I am posting my solution here for anyone that might run into something similar.

It turned out to be a strange problem to solve.

first I tried to create an executable using only the Basic Single Tone Measurement.vi as suggested. This I could build and run without any problem.

This showed that the vi was not the problem but rather something in my project.

Next I tried various ways to build the project with the Basic Single Tone Measurement.vi placed at different locations in the project. But nothing worked.

What finally resolved this problem was that I deleted a subvi that had originally contained an fft vi inside a true/false statement that was wired to a constant (to disable it). Even though the fft vi had been long since deleted and the conditional statement as well then for some reason the project would not build correctly when I placed the Basic Single Tone Measurement.vi anywhere in it.

To summarize. I deleted a subvi that had previously contained a vi to calculate the fft and eigen frequency and placed the Basic Single Tone Measurement.vi in the top vi. This solved the issue and I could build and run the exe without any problems.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,446 Views)