LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding NI VISA RunTime to a LabVIEW app on Mac using PackageMaker

I would like to create a Mac installer that installs NI VISA Run-time in addition to my application.  Actually, it would also include a 3rd party USB/UART bridge driver.  I'm trying to figure out how to get the NI VISA RT and the bridge driver included in my installer package.  I'm close--I can create a package that throws up 3 installer wizards. The problem is that both the NI VISA RT installer and the bridge driver installer wizards end with "Reboot" buttons.  If a user clicks either of those reboot button too early, not everything will be installed.

Has anyone come up against this kind of issue?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,747 Views)

Yup.  Install VISA after your program.  If you set your own installer to NOT require a reboot, then you'll only have the requirement after VISA installs.  This is how I did it I think.

Either that or I took out part of the VISA installer and re-incorporated it into my own installer.  I'm not in the office now so I can't check.

I so wish NI would offer an installer package for LV on the Mac.  Having to do this stuff manually is really not worthy of a $$$ product.

Shane.

Ps i should read better.  I see you have two packages requiring a reboot.  I think you can extract at least part of the installer package and re-incorporate it into your own installer.  I haven't done an installer on Mac for a while so my memory may be rusty.

Message Edited by Intaris on 11-11-2009 04:22 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,734 Views)

Hi

I am trying to package VISA RT into my app for distribution. Can you please share how you are able to accomplish this ? I am able to package LabVIEW run-time using the KB: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-26878

Thanks

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,319 Views)