LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Decorations

What file types work best as decorations and can I add them to the decorations pallet ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,345 Views)

Hi ggress1,

you can put images on your front panel. Use BMP, PNG; JPG formats.

And no, you can't put them to your decorations palette…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,289 Views)

Drawing these in a program like Inkscape (free) has its advantages- these vector images can be rescaled on the front panel without becoming blocky.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,277 Views)

@ToeCutter wrote:

Drawing these in a program like Inkscape (free) has its advantages- these vector images can be rescaled on the front panel without becoming blocky.

What vector format is compatible with LabVIEW, please? because, if oen exports/saves them as bitmaps (png, jpeg, or bmp), they lose their scalability.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,238 Views)

.svg I think - whatever Inkscape spits out as default. You've got me questioning if I Imagined this experiment now - you'll have to give it a whirl and please let us know the result. I'm pretty sure I imported an svg as part of a custom control and it worked. Decorations I'm not so sure.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,221 Views)

No luck with SVG. One should create a large enough PNG (best bitmap output for originally vector images) to avoid pixellation at scaling.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,214 Views)

Sorry for the misinfo... the old melon isn't what it used to be.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,206 Views)

LabVIEW supports a vector format of WMF.

Message 8 of 9
(3,189 Views)

Oh and you can put decorations on your palette, you just need to have it be on a VI, and then set that VI to be on the palette and configured to be merged when dropped.  This will then drop the front panel of that VI which would just be your decoration.  VIPM supports this and so does editing the palette through the Tools >> Advanced >> Edit Palette Set.

Message 9 of 9
(3,183 Views)