LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding A PID Control Function using plain LabVIEW or the Control Design Toolkit to work as an actual controller

good evening.

I am trying to do pid controller in labview.

I am new to this software. I want to implement pid with the inputs from vision assistant module.

I have determined distances from real time video on basis of those distance values i want to process controller.

I have gone through many examples of pid but all are related with DAQ card. I dont have DAQ card. And the inputs to the controller are based on real time measurements. This pid controller should contain transfer function and system equations along with its own controlling operation.

I am not able to get connection of pid controller with vision vi's.

please help me for this problem,i m hoping for positive reply.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(744 Views)

Hello,

I would recommend you start a new thread as this is an old forum and has already been answered.

Many thanks,

Mahdieh G
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(738 Views)

Hi, I want to use a PID controller but am new to this.  It is for a university project

My understanding of the diagram in the PID.PNG file is the Process variable is the input being measured against the set point (Max and Min constants.)  Can I ask what PID Input Command is?

I am taking a voltage as input (which represents the temperature of a resistor based on a calculation).  I need to output a duty cycle that will increase or reduce the temperature to match the setpoint.

Any help on how to use this will be appreciated, thanks.

Cheers,

Pete

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(694 Views)