LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add routing entry in LabVIEW RT (on PAC)?

In short:

Is it possible to set up a routing on RT, to compensate for the fact that the second port on the dual ethernet type controllers does not support gateways?

Background:

I need to have a cfP-220 on two separate networks. The controller has dual Ethernet, but unfortunately the secondary port is crippled with no DHCP and no gateway support...Hopefully NI will offer dual ports with identical functionality soon, but until then I'm looking for a way around the limitation. The lack of DHCP support is something I can live with as I'm able to programmatically set its IP, and I do so based on a relation to the IP of the primary port - BUT, the missing gateway support is a show stopper...I really need both ports to be accessible from other networks, not just the local subnet.

So my hope is that I at least can define the routing to the gateway manually (or preferably; programmatically)...Is this possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,195 Views)

FYI - It's a cFP-2220...(could not edit the message now).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,189 Views)

FYI - the only reply I have received on this is that it cannot be doneSmiley Sad

For others that face the same issue I can give you one tip; check if you can get around it by expanding the subnet mask on the secondary port, and enable Proxy ARP on your router...As long as it is possible / acceptable to have a wide enough subnet mask and the router supports proxy ARP you are fine.

In my case this allows me to talk to the controller on its secondary port from the neighbour subnet (a minimum requirement), but not from devices another two routing steps away...(for that I would need to use NAT or VPLS, which I do not have available).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,170 Views)