LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add points on XY_graph with time step not constant

Can anybody help me? Please?

Has anybody got a solution?

What I want to do is to add points on a XY_Graph with 2 curves.

Input data (I have got a file and a constant as input for the graph):

- One Data from a text file:

1044.25            23/03/2011 17:31:00

(The file is updated by an another computer on the network with new values (only one pressure value and one date on the file) and the time step (interval between date is not a constant))

- The other data on the graph is a constant 1013.24 (for example)

Output data (What I want to display with LabVIEW)

With the first data (from a file) I “build” the GRAPH. (Graph of 2 curves with points not equally space on the x axis/ time axis).

Then when I want to add a new data on the graph (and keep old data). (I get a new value (from a file) each 20 second or 1 minute for example)

I do not find a solution to add this new data on the XY GRAPH.

=> Refer to the simulation of data on the following VI “Graph_XY-Simulation-of_data_for_help.vi”:

Problem I have got:

Not possible to add the new point to the graph and keep the old points on the XY GRAPH.

Refer to the VI for the comment.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,277 Views)

I think you can see a basic example of what you want here - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/displaying-large-amounts-of-data-strategies/m-p/704916?view=by_date_...

(2,270 Views)

When you first read your file, put your arrays into a shift register.

The next time you read the new values, build them with the data already in the shift register, and update your graph.

Shoud work like a charm

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
Message 3 of 3
(2,264 Views)