LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a word to each loop

Hi,
I have a problem. If I wanted to put every state of an enum in a string but without overwriting it, how should I do it?
In short, at each step of the state of an enum the state is added in a string and each word must be below the other. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,367 Views)

Assuming you're doing this in some loop you can simply connect the state to the border and build an array, then convert this to a string. Enum can be converted to string with Format into string.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,336 Views)

Hi Yamaeda,

Yes, I did it but the previous word overlaps me every time. I need a string that marks every step without eliminating any state.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,313 Views)

"overlaps"?  Do you mean overwrites?

Attach your VI.  My guess is you are not using a shift register and a concatenate function when you should be.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,247 Views)

An enum and a string are very different things. An enum also does not have a state, just a value. What do you want? An array of strings representing the item names? A scalar linefeed delimited string? Something else? A list of all item names? A log of item names in the order they occur in your state machine?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,233 Views)
Message 6 of 7
(2,220 Views)

I notice that sometimes I don't ask the right question, my little experience in programming makes me ask too general questions.
I have 1 and a half of life on labview and 3 months in programming in general.
Yes, I needed a register of the names of the articles in the order in which they occur in the state machine placed inside a string.

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,085 Views)