LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actor Framework Message Maker Dialog Box missing

Solved!
Go to solution

In Labview 2015 should be a Actor Framework Message Maker Dialog Box.

I create a new project from the Actor Framwork Template, but can not find in the Tools menu Tools»Actor Framework Message Maker.

In the context menu of Task.vi in Alpha.lvclass I have Actor Framework»Create Message.

So I can create a new message class.

But why is Tools»Actor Framework Message Maker missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,321 Views)

Interesting, can you post this in the AF Comunity Directly? It'll get much more focused attention there Smiley Happy

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/actor-framework-2011

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,299 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter_S

The Message Maker was deprecated. The 'Actor Framework' right-click menus in the project window in LabVIEW 2015 and later should provide all the functionality previously provided by the message maker.

I thought we removed the help topic, I'm not sure why it's still showing up in the LabVIEW 2015 online help. I filed CAR 565761 to get the documentation updated.

Message 3 of 9
(5,286 Views)

Thanks.I have also Labview 2014 installed with the menu Tools»Actor Framework Message Maker, but not with 'Actor Framework' right-click menus.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,277 Views)

Right, to clarify:

• 2014 and previous has the Message Maker in the tools menu
  • 2015 has the Project Provider with the right click menus
Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,263 Views)

To be precise: Right click the actor class of your interest in the project, go to "Actor Framework" and "Create Abstract Message for Caller" (LabVIEW 2016)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,708 Views)

So,  That gives me an Abstract Message.  How do I create an ordinary non-abstract message?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,965 Views)

@Barionics wrote:

So,  That gives me an Abstract Message.  How do I create an ordinary non-abstract message?

There is also a 'Create Messages for Actor' right-click menu option that creates standard messages.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,959 Views)

Thanks,

It appears that, first, you have to create a method for the message to link to. Only then will the Create message option be added alongside the Create Abstract message option. 

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,951 Views)