LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX server are slow

Hi !

I have a problem, and i hope someone can help me...
I have an application which write 240 values in a table every 100ms. I want to read some of these value from an external application (VB or Labview). In order to do this, I use an active X server (the application whiwh write the values) and a client (the application which read the values). That's work perfectly!

My problem is the following: It's really slow, if i read more than 30 values in 100 ms my CPU works at 100 % !! I think that's come from the active X mechanism, is there something i can do to improve my program, or should i use another technologie ??? What are the others solutions.. i think dlls will not run faster ...

Thank's for your advices !!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,351 Views)
Hello,

If you have the same problem with LabVIEW or VB, the ActiveX client is not the reason of the problem.
What is this ActiveX server ?
Could you also send the LabVIEW program and the LabVIEW version ?

regards

Marc Larue
NIF
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,330 Views)
Hi Marc !

At first thanks a lot for your answer ...

I found a method in order to improve the performance of my program. Before, in order to get 30 values, i called 30 times the method getControlValue, that was really slow... Now, i make only one call with a array of parameters to get or to set, and that works perfectly! I think that's the solution, you have to minimize the active X call !

Bye !
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,328 Views)