From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX, print command to IWebBrowser2

Hello together

I am trying to print a html file by using active x with object "IWebBrowser2" and it's my first time that I use active x 🙂

Setup: LabView 2019, 32-bit with Win7 64-bit computer.

What I want to do:

• Using active x to open a local stored html file by using the object "IWebBrowser2" --> Works fine
  • Use the command "print file" with "do not prompt user" --> doesn't work

Goal ist to program the sequence like an operator opens the html file, which opens it with the InternetExplorer/Firefox and clicks on File-Print.

I know that I could use the "report generation" but after some tests, I would like to use the way with active x.

First question - are there some negative points by using active x?

Second question - could anybody help me, why my code doesn't work?

Someone had the same problem as I have, but even with his solution, it does not work: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Print-file-via-ActiveX-and-it-is-not-found-always/td-p/1667298/page...

I analysied as well the code under find examples "browser" -> "ActiveX Event Callback for IE", but can't find my bug.

Alll Vi's with html-file are attached.

Why are there so many "IWebBrowser2" Objects and how can I find out which one is the one, that I need? Because I saw that the property/invoke nodes entries changes sometimes by using another object...

LN86_0-1594886406520.png

So this is my first vi. Silent and Visible doesn't work, it opens always the internet explorer, but it open it:

LN86_1-1594890878352.png

and the second one, which is never exectued (callback vi):

LN86_2-1594890940008.png

It doesn't work even if I copy this code into the first vi. I always receive an error...

Thx in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,316 Views)

By the way the error is:

"Error -2147221248 occurred at Trying to revoke a drop target that has not been registered
in IWebBrowser2PrintHtmlFile.vi

This error code is undefined. Undefined errors might occur for a number of reasons. For example, no one has provided a description for the code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

Additionally, undefined error codes might occur because the error relates to a third-party object, such as the operating system or ActiveX. For these third-party errors, you might be able to obtain a description of the error by searching the Web for the error code (-2147221248) or for its hexadecimal representation (0x80040100)."

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,314 Views)