From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX marshalling thread error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I've been trying to control several APT stages from Thorlabs, via their ActiveX interface in LabVIEW.

In my program, I initialized the stages at the beginning, and closed the resources to them at the end. The program work without problems.

After that, when I added some software-only features to the program, I encountered this error about marshalling threads (pls see "error_new_gui.png"). This happens when

1) I ran my VI program for the first time,

2) Exited the VI

3) Ran it again without closing the VI. It also happens even if I close the VI and then reopen it from its LabVIEW project.

To prevent this, the only workaround now is to close LabVIEW after each run.

Has anyone encountered such a kind of error? What could be the possible reasons? I've searched around but there doesn't seem to be much information on this kind of errors.

Thanks in advance..

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,266 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author VLg

Hi all, 

I've contacted Thorlabs - the workaround they suggested was to change the Preferred Execution System in VI Properties from "same as caller" to "User Interface". That seems to work for me for now.

Thanks for reading

Victor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,250 Views)