From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX control similar to UsedRange

Is there a ActiveX control that is similar to Usedrange??  I am using Office 97 (specifically excel) and I do not have that option under the range property node.

I guess I am looking for an activeX that will give me the range of data that is contained in the table.  I am trying to load config data to be placed in a series of combo Boxes (ie, 6 1D array of strings).  That is why I am using Excel, as opposed to datalogs or using the read/write key vis, plus I can have other users edit the config file if I really need them to.

I can read the data from Excel just fine, except that I have to specify the range.  this does not work for me since my data will have to be dynamic (columns are set at 6, but the number of rows will change).  I could say that I wanted 6 columns and 100 rows (much more than I would ever need), but then you would have say 3 users in the combo box, and 97 blank spaces in the box.  And then if I wanted to add another user (through my program), it would append that to the bottom of the 100 other users.

Any ideas would greatly help.

Kenny
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,518 Views)
Are you using a Microsoft Office Spreadsheet 9.0 for your activex control?? If so, the attached 7.0 format vi should help.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,499 Views)

I was using the Excel._Application ActiveX control, pretty sure from the Excel 8.0 Library.  I cant find the Office Spreadsheet control anywhere in my ActiveX class.

But your vi did give me some ideas and I am now able to read the number of rows and columns in a spreadshet (65536 columns and 256 rows), I am still working on only those rows and columns that have data in them.

thanks

Kenny

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,496 Views)

You can download office web components to get the activex controls without the applications. There are version 9,10,11 of the web components.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7287252c-402e-4f72-97a5-e0fd290d4b76&Displa...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,490 Views)