LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active X control of D-Link DCS-2100+ Wireless Network Camera

Hello Vaibhav,

This is the smaller camera? It may not support snapshot function, but does the bundled software allow you to take a snapshot? If not I can only guess that it doesn't support the function.

I found a link which does suggest a roundabout way of doing it as follows:

http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Cameras&thread.id=1564

However, if a newer version of the activeX plug in exists this may support it - one way of checking if the bundled software supplied doesn't support it is to have a look for a newer version on the linksys site, and possibly this may support snapshot.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 65
(3,294 Views)

Hello Fadenoid!

Thanks for the reply. I tried on the tips you gave for some time.

Well, the interface provided by the camera, has possibility to take snapshot. So the camera ocx can take snapshot.

So what do you think, could be the problem?

About the link you gave, I am working on his method too, and have written to him. I have kept my options open, whether to do it by labview or java/.Net

Have you tried getting the live video (not just snapshot) from ip camera?

Thanks!

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 65
(3,259 Views)
Hello Vaibhav

I would say that if the snapshot function exists in the linksys front end then it should be possible to do it via activeX.  Also, upgrade camera firmware if you haven't already. This can be done from cam's web browser. Finally, look for another ocx in C:/Windows or the linksys folder which may have a slightly different name than the one you've already registered, and register this one also. It will then pop up on your activeX list and look at the available functions.

I can stream video no problem.

I previously posted an ocx and a test VI in this thread to run with the WVC54g. May be worth registering the active X component here and open up the code to look at the way I've done it.

Summarising:

1) Get current version of cam firmware if it doesn't already have it

2) Search C:/Windows for an OCX relating to the camera other than the one you have and register

3) Load up the OCX and code posted previously, remembering to register the ocx - this may work for you also but at the very least would give you an idea of what the activeX functions available are

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 65
(3,255 Views)

Hi Fadenoid!

Thanks for the detailed comments.

1) Just upgraded the firmware from the Linksys website and camera webpage. And restarted the camera. But after that I cannot access the camera webpage any more. The camera is ON but not accessible.

2) The other OCX is the one provided by you in this forum, and in my Vista computer, I cannot register it somehow. So doesn't show in the list of available ActiveX to insert in labview object.

3) I downloaded your program, but I am still using LabVIEW 8.2 (we are promised to have upgraded to 8.5/8.6 as all the payments are made). So can you please convert your program to a prior version (8.2) and re-post it? I cannot even open the current program to see the code.

Now am more worried about getting the camera back to work. It's for testing only and I wanted to give it back after trial.

Looking to hear from you.

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 65
(3,248 Views)

Let's deal with camera firmware upgrade first -

1) Did it appear to complete the upgrade successfully? If so my guess is that it has been reset to default and if for instance you have changed the ip address previously this will need to be modified as it may be back to factory default which you may not be able to access with your router. If you were using it wirelessly before upgrade, chances are firmware upgrade would have wiped security settings so you would need to hardwire connect the camera to the router to allow access to the internal web server. Can you tell me what IP address was and what it now is?

2) Silly question - firmware is for a WVC54gc?

Let me know.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 65
(3,242 Views)

Hi Fadenoid!

1) Yes, I also believe it has reset to factory default settings. After talking to my IT admin, I have already connected it to a router, but still cannot make sure which is the IP. Am in talks with my network admin over this. And after your message, now am pressing him over that.

2) Yes...  😉 it was the correct model number and correct version of the camera.

Although I have already asked my admin to set the ip again, can you tell me please how do I check the ip?

Through network devices?

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 65
(3,241 Views)

Easiest way to do this is to connect the camera directly to your pc via ethernet cable, ie take your pc off the network. If the camera has been reset to defualt values the default address should be in the manual. My camera has a display on it to indicate IP address, and default from recollection is 192.168.1.115. If your current network connection means that the ip is different from this eg 192.168.0.x then there is no way to access the camera without reconfiguring its IP. How familiar are you with temporarily modifying your PCs IP address (off network) so that you can communicate with the camera?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 65
(3,237 Views)

Hello Vaibhav

Have you got the camera's IP reset now?

Cheers

Message 28 of 65
(3,201 Views)

Hello Fadenoid!

Thanks a lot for your messages with interest. I was travelling so could not complete that camera reset, and hence could not reply you.

But now it's done. I attached it to a router and then finally set the camera's ip.

Now let's get back to the original other two problems of registering the OCX and getting your code working on my LabVIEW 8.2

As I mentioned, the camera has snapshot function. And I can see a snapshot using the camera's webpage GUI.

Actually, I would be more interested in getting live streams rather than a snapshot. Because that would require less processing time.

Waiting to hear from you!

Thanks!

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 65
(3,134 Views)

Would you be able to post your ocx so I can take a look at what functions are available?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 65
(3,104 Views)