LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquisition and display of a frame given by external triggered camera

good morning everybody,

I am trying to acquire and then display a single frame from my Grasshopper3 by Pointgrey after that the camera is triggered by a NI USB 6221 DAQ; I don't know how to first "snap" and then to show this image.

I have made several attempts, all leading to some kind of error.

In the picture please find the snippet of my code.

The camera has been correctly initialised and set for triggered acquisition.

The subVI simply calls the DAQ and makes it ouput a digital trigger.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,877 Views)

Hello Scozia,

first of all the code is a little bit muddler. I see the enum "next" wired to the timeout terminal of grab2 block and it's probably an error. Can you please cleanup the .vi and attach it to the post?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,836 Views)

I'm going to echo Lamber's request -- please do not provide only a picture of part of your VI, but attach the actual VI, itself, so we can closely examine it, see all of its parts, see "behind" the Case and other structures, maybe edit it (so we can better figure out what it does) and even, possibly, test it.  If it uses a lot of other functions we would need to see, compress the folder containing your code and attach the entire .zip file.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,827 Views)

Thank you for your time Bob and Lamber and whoever is looking at my problem, it is really appreciated.

Please find in the attachments the complete vi and sub vi.

From the previous picture I have modified the block diagram a bit, but the get image block is still giving me a timeout error.

My goal is to display a single image acquired after an analog trigger (a 5V square wave which is generated by an external DAQ), only that for the state AcquireWhenTrigger; the continuous acquire state works as expected, it is only a matter of triggered acquisition.

Thank you again.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,821 Views)