LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire a signal with mac osX

Hello.

I am a very beginner with LabView. 
I would like to acquire a signal with a NI-USB 6009. I have LabView 10 on osX 10.8. I already installed the daqmx base driver.
Could you explain me how to acquire a signal which come from the NI USB 6009 and export it as a list of numbers (the amplitude and the time).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,125 Views)

The place to start is the examples.  If Help >> Find Examples... does not list the DAQmx Base examples (and it does not on my VL2012 installation), look in the Examples folder in the LabVIEW 2010 folder.  You should find a daqmxbase folder.  The USB600x Interactive Control.llb has a program which can be used as a starting point.   Teh Cont Acq&Graph Multiple Voltages-Int Clk.vi in the static >> ai folder is another good starting point.

For either of these you wuold need to add a Write to Spreadsheet File and create the time channel.

Also note that the Sequence structure in the USB-600x Intractive Control.vi is not required at all.  It only is useful to define the sections of the program for the purpose of explanation.  Also, the widespread use of local variables in that example does not follow currently accepted good LabVIEW programming practice.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,104 Views)

Hello matttgic,

What kind of signal do you want to acquire/generate?

For exemple, if you want to acquire an analog input, you should use the architecture use in the file "Analog_input attach to this email.

As Johnsold 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,092 Views)