LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing registry keys in VISTA and video codecs

In vista, to access the registry keys I had to run LabVIEW (8.6) as administrator (invoking the administrative token). However, by doing so, I can not access codecs to save avi files. Running 'IMAQ AVI get filter names' shows only one filter and not the many other listed when LabVIEW is not run under  administrative token.

Any remedy to that anoying situation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,611 Views)

dotan,

That seems strange that you can no longer see the same list of codecs as when you are not logged in as an administrator. The get filter VI  gets the list of filters from the DirectShow software, and then it tests each one with a sample frame to see if it can compress the image or not. The function then returns a list of the codecs that work.  So, I can't see why that would be changing with access rights.

I might check your system to see if the codecs are still listed where they should be in administrative. Just go to control panel»Sounds and Audio Devices»Hardware tab»Video Codecs»Properties button»Properties tab

Here you should see a list of codecs on your computer. Make sure that there are still here after you invoke the administrative token.

Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,590 Views)

The problem is in Windows VISTA and not XP. Thus, getting the codecs list in VISTA can not be done through the control panel. However, using a third-party freeware, I was able to get a list of all codecs, and I am  indeed getting all of them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,570 Views)