LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing every other data point in a dynamic data type (question in attached images)

So I thought that my question would be best explained through word equation editor, so I have attached screenshots explaining my situation and what I am trying to do (temp 2).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,767 Views)

Yes, many quite more efficient means.  For example:

Capture1.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 9
(2,749 Views)

Thanks a lot! I'll try this out

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,740 Views)

You'll notice that Jeff's suggestion does not use the Dreadful Dynamic Data Wires.  You would be well-advised to similarly learn to not use these awkward hard-to-use data structures.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,725 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Yes, many quite more efficient means.  For example:

Capture1.PNG

Divide by 2 and round down could be replaced by the quotient from Quotient and Remainder,

For Array Subset, should that wire have gone into Length rather than Index?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,705 Views)

I'd like nothing more than for the DAQ assistant to just output the DAQ card info in an array. Is there an option to configure it this way?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,662 Views)

Express palette >> Signal Manipulation has another Express VI called From DDT.  That converts blue wires to other data types.  You configure the express VI to output the type of data you want.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,660 Views)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,656 Views)

@hex12345 wrote:

I'd like nothing more than for the DAQ assistant to just output the DAQ card info in an array. Is there an option to configure it this way?

Thanks,

Yes,  Right Click the Express vi after you have the task configured and select "Generate Code>>Configuration and example" Grab a cup of coffee then save the vi

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 9 of 9
(2,651 Views)