From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Violation (0xC0000005) at EIP=0x778903EA

Hey all, 

I get this error when trying to save an Excel report through LabVIEW and it then crashes my LabVIEW application. This only happens when I'm trying to save the Excel report; other than that the program runs normally on the target computer. It doesn't seem to be the LV code because the executable works fine on my development computer. I tried searching the forums but nothing matched this particular code of EIP=0x778903EA

Maybe it's to do with the different OS versions or Excel versions (2016 vs 2010)? (Win 10-development computer vs Win 7-target computer).

Any ideas? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,025 Views)

Hi,

I ran into the exact same Problem recently. The customer has Excel 2010 installed, I use Version 2016. LabVIEW chrashed either if I tried to save the Workbook or export it as pdf. Writing to Excel via named cells for example worked fine.

The problem here should be that Microsoft changed the ActiveX-Interface on certain methods and thats why LabVIEW chrashes.

I installed Excel 2010 on a Virtual Machine. If i have to build the .exe I will do it there. The build then worked fine on the customer's PC aswell. Another solution would be to upgrade the excel version.

Hope that helps,

Markus

Message 2 of 2
(1,995 Views)