LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Violation (0xC0000005) at EIP=0x778903EA

Hey all, 

I get this error when trying to save an Excel report through LabVIEW and it then crashes my LabVIEW application. This only happens when I'm trying to save the Excel report; other than that the program runs normally on the target computer. It doesn't seem to be the LV code because the executable works fine on my development computer. I tried searching the forums but nothing matched this particular code of EIP=0x778903EA

Maybe it's to do with the different OS versions or Excel versions (2016 vs 2010)? (Win 10-development computer vs Win 7-target computer).

Any ideas? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,028 Views)

Hi,

I ran into the exact same Problem recently. The customer has Excel 2010 installed, I use Version 2016. LabVIEW chrashed either if I tried to save the Workbook or export it as pdf. Writing to Excel via named cells for example worked fine.

The problem here should be that Microsoft changed the ActiveX-Interface on certain methods and thats why LabVIEW chrashes.

I installed Excel 2010 on a Virtual Machine. If i have to build the .exe I will do it there. The build then worked fine on the customer's PC aswell. Another solution would be to upgrade the excel version.

Hope that helps,

Markus

Message 2 of 2
(1,998 Views)