LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerometer reading from DAQmx via Raspberry PI

Hello,

I have labVIEW running on my Windows PC that has a DAQ chassis connected via ethernet reading 9 accelerometers and writing the results to a file, all good and well.
I would like to know if it's possible to have the DAQ plugged into a Raspberry Pi 4 and have it run the data acquisition?
I have seen a few posts from past a present that detail various compatibilities of LabVIEW and Raspberry Pis but haven't seen anything suggesting or ruling out what I need.
If it is possible, what would the setup roughly look like, if not, any suggestions as to the next best thing? I have various other functions the Pi is used for in this project and would be amazing to eliminate the need of a PC when the data capture is very repeatable.

Kind regards,
Henry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(895 Views)

While the R-Pi can run some LabVIEW using the LINX toolkit I do not believe it can run anything that uses DAQmx. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(892 Views)

No, DAQmx is not available for the Raspberry Pi.

It is partly available for the NI real-time platforms but usually used there for access to the local IO modules, not remote access to other chassis.

Alternatives would be your own hardware connected through SPI, I2C, UART or Ethernet or commercial hardware that supports these interfaces. Of course you will need to know the protocol of these hardware units and implement it using Linx or NI-VISA functions or the built in LabVIEW TCP/IP nodes.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(883 Views)