LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerometer Analysis - Frequency vs Time Domain Integration

I am looking for some assistance on vibration analysis.  I am trying to integrate an accelerometer signal to get the velocity.  I am integrating the signal in the time domain and also in the frequency domain.  After the integrations I am plotting the FFT's to compare the results and the two results are significantly different.  I am trying to integrate a signal produced by an accelerometer calibrator and so I know the correct output I should be getting.   I am getting the correct result when I integrate in the frequency domain, but not in the time domain.  I would appreciate it if anyone could lend some insight into this problem.

Ryan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,809 Views)
What analysis VIs are you using?  The Sound and  Vibration has some nice and well tested time series integration functions
Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,788 Views)
I am using the Sound and vibration library.  I am very far from being an expert in this area though so I could very easily be missing something.  I have attached my program below along with a sample data file.  The accelerometer calibrator signal provides a 10 m/s^2 rms signal at 159.2 hz. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,782 Views)
Ryan,

The integral of the Fourier transform is not equal to the Fourier transform of the integral, so I would expect the result you indicated in your original post.

I do not have the SVT toolkit so I cannot look at your VI.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,772 Views)
Lynn,

That makes sense. 

I am using some functions from the SVT toolkit though, that are supposed to integrate acceleration to velocity and not just blindly integrate the raw data.  I had assumed that the information after the two integrations should be the same, just in a different format.   Since I can't show you my program it may be hard for you to comment but do you still think that the results should be different assuming the integrations are operating correctly?

Ryan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,765 Views)
Ryan,

I do not have enough information to venture an opinion. You'll have to find someone with the toolkit.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,752 Views)
Lynn, thanks anyway.  I appreciate any help I can get.

Ryan
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,749 Views)