LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abort error while using subpanels

Hey!!! I am trying to use the subpanel feature to run multiple VI in the subpanel controlled by a ring menu. Everything seems to work fine excepet when I stop the main VI, I get an error "Error 1000 occurred at Invoke Node in sub.vi" (Method Name: Abort VI). I wrote the code as in the subpanels example of NI.     

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(404 Views)

Its always better to use Proper Synchronization technique to exit the subpanel from the Main VI.

You can register user events/Queue and send the exit command from the Main VI to exit properly, instead of Aborting the Sub panel VI.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(375 Views)

@bilalskd wrote:

Hey!!! I am trying to use the subpanel feature to run multiple VI in the subpanel controlled by a ring menu. Everything seems to work fine excepet when I stop the main VI, I get an error "Error 1000 occurred at Invoke Node in sub.vi" (Method Name: Abort VI). I wrote the code as in the subpanels example of NI.     

You mention "subpanel", but I see no "subpanel" functions in the "pictures of VI code" that you show.  Can you please attach actual VIs (files with the extension .vi) so I can right-click the function and make sure I'm understanding what you are doing?  Please include both the "calling VI" (which has the sub-Panel on its Front Panel and has the sub-Panel "Insert VI" function) and the sub-Panel VI.  To accomodate those (including me) who do not have the latest edition of LabVIEW (which Edition, incidentally, are you using?), please "Save for Previous" if you are using LabVIEW 2022 or 2023.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(316 Views)