From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVS47IB reading resistance

Hi,

I'm new to VISA and GPIB and am having trouble with taking readings from our instrument, the Picowatt AVS-47B resistance bridge, which connects to the PC via a AVS47-IB computer interface.

I've customized the examples in the drivers provided to make 3 separate VI's which

The drivers are those found on the NI site, but I've also downloaded the updated versions from the manufacturer's website here:

http://www.picowatt.fi/index1.html

The 3 VIs are built to be run as sub-VIs but can also be run in standalone mode consecutively:

1) init sgl ch.vi  - to initialize the instrument settings, channels etc.

2) read sgl ch.vi - read the instrument

3) close.vi - close the connection and zero the settings

The program initializes fine and closes fine, but when it goes to read the instrument, it times out in the AVS47IB Wait for OPC/MAV/TMO.vi before I can get any readings.

I've tried a few things such as extending the timeout, increasing the delay, but hadn't had any luck.

The code used to work without problems at the end of last year but after a long absence it's no longer working even though nothing in the setup has changed between now and then.

Is there anything to look out for or test in particular? Andis there anything that's missing in the code or the structure which could be improved to make it more robust for future use?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Denigmaz.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,316 Views)

Hi denigmaz,

Have you tried conacting the developer of the VIs for any assitance and were they able to provide any help? They may be able to give us more information to speed up the trouble shooting process.

Cheers,

KyleP
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,290 Views)

Hi Perky,

Yes I have, but they require the VIs to be in version 7.1, and I'm using version 8.2.

Is there a way to backwards convert them to 7.1, so Picowatt can open the VI's?

Cheers,

Denigmaz.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,279 Views)

denigmaz,

Yes there is! You can post a request on the Version Conversion forum and someone will gladly help you out. Smiley Happy

Cheers,

KyleP
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,271 Views)