cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVI Read Write With Data

I cannot open AVI file with data:
I get the error message:
Error -1074396009 occurred at IMAQ AVI Open
An internal DirectX error has occurred.  Try upgrading to the latest version of DirectX.
Possible reason(s):
IMAQ Vision:  (Hex 0xBFF60497) An internal DirectX error has occurred.  Try upgrading to the latest version of DirectX.

Even the example "AVI Read Write With Data Example.vi" gives this error message.
Opening AVI files without data works OK.
The AVI files that do not contain data are in uncompressed format. The files with data - I cannot check.

MS Windows XP Professional SP2. LabView 7.1, IMAQ Vision 7.1.1, NI-IMAQ 3.1.3
I reinstalled MS DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904), upgraded NI-IMAQ to version 3.1.3.

When debugging with breakpoints, I found, that the sub-vi "IMAQ AVI Open" gives an error, when trying to open any AVI file with data.
It contains the Call Library Function "NIVisSvc.dll", Function Name: "LV_AviMovieOpen". This call crashes. I am not able to debug further.

Can anyone to help to fix this problem?

Andres Punning
Tartu University Institute of Technology

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,298 Views)
Hello Andres,
Are you able to open any AVI file with data at all? Or is it only a particular AVI file. Does the AVI Read Write with Data example give you an error when it is trying to open the file it just wrote? If that is so, then it would seem that the problem is local to LabVIEW or the DirectX driver. If it is having trouble opening a particular AVI, it could be issues with codecs.
If it either LabVIEW, you might try a repair on the IMAQ driver. However, this may or may not fix the problem. An uninstall and reinstall might be your only alternative.

Jack J.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,281 Views)

I am also facing this issue:

I cannot open AVI file with data(AVI Read Write With Data Example.vi):

I get the error message:
Error -1074396009 occurred at IMAQ AVI Open
An internal DirectX error has occurred.  Try upgrading to the latest version of DirectX.

I am facing this issue for the AVIs which having RGB images. I am able to open the AVI files of the grayscale image with Data.

Thanks,
Bala
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,633 Views)
Have you checked this link?

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/14466/en/
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,629 Views)