LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APC UPS with desktop???

I am wondering is it possible to monitor a APC UPS from a desktop? Currently running LV 8.6, and don't know if this is possible without a battery driver since I am using a desktop. APC Power Chute works great but my employer wants to use Lab View.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,487 Views)

Yes.  I use several APC backups and connect them to the PC with the cable they provide.  I don't install any other drivers.  Windows uses their power management utility to track the status of the UPS.  I used the located VI located here https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-1154 to get that information into my LabVIEW program.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,467 Views)

Hi guys!

I'm having the same problem but the thing is that I'm working with Linux, any idea is that is possible?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,369 Views)

You can use SNMP to communicate with an APC power supply. I have attached the SNMP library I developed years back as well as a library which communicates with an APC AP7900 PDU. Different APC units may use slightly different MIBs however they are all documented on the APC site. This should provide a basic example and a starting point.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Download All
Message 4 of 12
(6,348 Views)

Great thanks!

I'm going to start looking at that to see if I can use it, I let you know how it when.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,332 Views)

Hello Mark

I'm you working on a project where I need to communicate a cRIO with a equipment using SNMP. You have some paper about the library that you have developed?, because I need to understand how to work with SNMP in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,635 Views)

I don't have a specific paper explaining SNMP in general terms. The library code I posted handles the protocol itself. You will need to know which OIDs you need need to send or retrieve from the device in order to interact with your device. It should have a MIB published which describes the OIDs, there data types and how they should be used. This MIB file is device dependent.

Mark Yedinak
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,614 Views)

Mark Yedinak

I am using your library to communicate with a printer RICOH by snmp, but i have a problem, when I provide a OID, the library returns the next OID's value but I need the current OID's value, What can I do to get the current OID?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,427 Views)

It sounds like you are using the GetNext VI and not the Get one. Per SNMP, the GetNext PDU returns the value of the next OID.

Mark Yedinak
LabVIEW Champion

Message 9 of 12
(5,421 Views)

Mark, thank you for answer my question!

I don't have the Get one VI. Could you send me the Get one VI?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,415 Views)