From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Force Bridge Reinitialization

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a small program that measures force from two strain gauges, and also measures wind speed.

When I stop the program and then run it again the force measurements return to zero even if there is a weight on my force balance.

Is there away to stop this from happening when I stop and restart the program, other than using a pause button.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,152 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 01flame

You are performing a Bridge Offset Nulling Calibration every time you run your VI.  If you have a load when you run your VI it will null that load to 0.  You need to only perform this once, and should verify the gauge is under no strain before running the null calibration.

I suggest doing it as a button rather than during initialization.  Have something on your front panel labeled "Null Sensors" or similar followed by a dialog box prompting the user to verify there is no strain before continuing.  To accomplish this, I suggest reading more into event structures and state machines.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,145 Views)