From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGA 8

AGA8 vi

For some months now I’ve been developing a LabVIEW Gas compressibility calculation with respect to AGA8 standard, mainly because I wanted a project to help me practice writing “good code” or at least attempt to for learning purposes. AGA8 is a calc that I use in my job and so thought it would be topical, and pretty neat to interface this to real P and T (and possibly even the composition) through DAQ for real-time analysis in a process. I also could not find any other examples of anyone else having produced this calc in LabVIEW.

Anyway, I’ve been chipping away at the calcs for some time now in my own time, and am slowly building things up. What I would find useful is one/some like minded individuals who have a shared interest  in  this particular project and whom are able to provide technical assistance with the development/mathematics as well as functional testing.  To be honest, im almost at the finish line as far as laying out the code, however I am a little stuck with step 3 of 4, and frustration is setting in. I don’t particularly want to post the code, but am willing to share the code with those who are involved.

If you are interested please respond here or drop me a PM

Thanks

L. Noob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,514 Views)

The first comment I would have is that you are pointed in the wrong direction structurally. Why a state machine? There also doesn't seem to be any error handling.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,445 Views)

The first comment I would have is that you are pointed in the wrong direction structurally. Why a state machine? There also doesn't seem to be any error handling.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,445 Views)