LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADO Error: 0x00000061 Unknown System Error in NI_Database_API.lvllib: DB Tools Close Connection.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

What I'm literally doing is trying to save a bar code previously scanned. The scanner is connected to COM11 (serial port) using VISA functions. Then through a string I insert the information into a subvi that saves the respective information into an access database. The program will save in two different columns the information, depending if the barcode scanned starts with " X " or with " I ". After running the VI and scanning some barcode,the error message appears.

So my hypothesis is that the problem is within the subvi, because the message appears only when I scan a barcode, in other words: when the string is detected from the COM and inserted to the database until the connection is close, is when the error comes up.

Also very weird, when I open the subvi, and run the VI from there, the message also shows up. 

But I really have no clue what is wrong... I have not much experience with LabVIEW and berly starting to know about databases and its respective connections so,

Can someone help me!! Pleaseee!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,063 Views)

How should we be able to help you, when we do not have the vi that generates the error?

You need to attach your code, so that we have a small chance of trying your code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,049 Views)

True, I totally forgot to attach the .vi 

Now I attach the VI and the subVI. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,040 Views)

So you do not supply the database vi, TESTBASEDEDATOS.vi, with a table and column names, how do you think it should insert your data to the database in the right table?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,025 Views)

OMG, I'm so sorry. I'm in panic right here 😞

I'm still figuring out and searching for the problem... Here it is the access 2013 file and the .UDL file. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,018 Views)

In the UDL is the one that makes the reference to the database in access. In the subvi, in the front panel, you specify the name of the new or existing table, also you name the columns.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,993 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JLuna

@JLuna wrote:

In the UDL is the one that makes the reference to the database in access. In the subvi, in the front panel, you specify the name of the new or existing table, also you name the columns.

But the subvi does not have any default values, so when ever the vi is called, it has NO data in the two controls, Table Name and Column Names. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,951 Views)