From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADO Error: 0x00000001 Argument error. The table name given is blank.

Solved!
Go to solution

Greetings,

I am currently learning database, which I encountered an error stated on the subject. I have attached the files. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,984 Views)

It's pretty clear what is wrong.

You need to figure out why your table name is blank.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,923 Views)

Hi njacacia,

Sorry, I can't figure it out. Can you specific why my table name is blank? Thanks for helping.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,910 Views)

@NightKoh96 wrote:

Hi njacacia,

Sorry, I can't figure it out. Can you specific why my table name is blank? Thanks for helping.

I don't why your table name is blank. That's your job to find out why.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,885 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NightKoh96

I post my answer that I posted in your other thread here again, as I think, it's still the same problem:

How do you use your VI "database test.vi"? 

I assume that currently you use it "manually", i.e. you select the Enum-Value and then run the VI once, since the connector pane is empty... Am I correct?

That's a problem, because the database-connection that you open when running this VI once with enum "Open Connection" will not persist when you run the VI manually a second time, this time perhaps with the enum-value "Login". Since the connection refnum is invalid you cannot expect to get a valid responce from the database VIs you use in that case.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 5 of 8
(3,867 Views)

Hi JensG69,

Thanks for the reply. Connector pane do you mean this? But when I put this Action Engine on a new vi, there is still error.

Connector pane.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,853 Views)

@NightKoh96 wrote:

Hi JensG69,

Thanks for the reply. Connector pane do you mean this? But when I put this Action Engine on a new vi, there is still error.

Yes, that's what I meant. If everything is connected correctly within your main VI, then my hint about the invalid connection refnum is not the source of your error as I suspected.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 7 of 8
(3,849 Views)

Hi JansG69,

I solved it and thanks for your help!!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,841 Views)