From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC for IXXAT USB-to-CAN compact

Hello,

We have a USB to CAN compact device from IXXAT and we have build a labview driver according to the manual to communicate and read through the CANBus.I our PCB we have two sensors which are measuring the distance and transpose it into voltage, and we would like to read this voltage through the CANBus. Since we are able to reading through the CANBus we must transpose our data with use of an ADC because our data can be in HEX,BINARY,DECIMAL format and we must transpose them to voltage because that is our concern, So the questions are:

1)With the Vi we have build we are able to take the right messages through the CANBus?The name of the Vi we are using is named Read from Can.vi and is in the Zip file i am sending you

2)How we create the ADC to transpose our data in voltage? Is this possible?

3)Can provide us a solution for the above?

I am sending you the datasheet, a zip file with all the Vi's we have create according to the datasheet and another zip file which contains an ADC we create and a photo of the CAN message we are receiving 

Thank you in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,385 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your posting in this forum. I think that you didn't sending your vi but I found a link which will help you to convert your data in LabVIEW.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4820

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Hossein

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,313 Views)