LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A lot of Sensor working at the same time

Hello guys.
I’m new to Labview.
I've been involved in a project for cavitation in valves. I will use a lot of sensors for cavitation detection. 6 pressure sensor (omega PXM409 Series), 1 dynamic pressure transducer (Kulite-HKS-LP-375), 1 thermocouple (elimko pt100 rt02 1p06), 2 accelerometer (ENDEVCO Model 7250A), 1 flowmeter ( KHRONE OPTIFLUX 2000), 1 hydrophone (RESON Hydrophone TC4034 and Reson EC6081 Voltage Preamplifier + filter (2.4 Vrms)), 1 oxygen (Honeywell DL 5000) sensor. I have PXI-E cards and chassis; pxi-e 8301 , pxi-e 4480/4481, pxi-e 6341 and chassis pxi-e 1071.
My problem is that I would like to run these sensors simultaneously with daqmx at labview. Is that possible ? How will can I design it ?
Thank you for yours help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,120 Views)

The first task you need to undertake involves Pencil and Paper (or your favorite Word Processor routine).

1. Make a list of all of your input devices.  If you have multiples of the same device, include How Many.
  2. For each device, you need to understand the following:
    1. How do the data come out?  Is it a Voltage or a Current? A Bridge reading (like a thermocouple)?  A text string?  Binary data?
    2. How will it get into your PC?  Through a serial (often USB) stream?  TCP/IP?  Through a plug-in PCI card in your backplane?
    3. What sort of data rate do you need for each type of data stream?  Are all channels streaming at the same rate?
    4. How critical are the timing requirements?  Are some channels more "interlocked" than others?
  3. It sounds like your Hardware will support a LabVIEW Real-Time system which lets the DAQ portion run independently from the Host, leaving the Host to handle the UI and streaming of the data to disk.  Depending on the data rates from the various data channels, you might consider using Network Streams to stream the data from the PXIe Target through the Host PC to disk, "sampling" the data as it flows through to monitor (and possibly plot) representative values.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 2
(2,100 Views)