LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9205 32 channels AI in FPGA

Hi,

I intend to use a 9205 module for 32 channel AI input to the FPGA on  a Compact Rio platform. The module does not accept (or use) any property settings in the project manager regarding channels, modes or voltage. Basically I seem stuck with 16 differential channels instead of getting the 32 single ended ones we need. (I get readings from the 16 channels on the same side of the differential pairs).

The question then is simply how do we get all the 32 channels into the FPGA and only using the FPGA? That is, not involving or requireing the host to run the finished program. 

Any and all help appreciated as all the examples seems dependant on using the host?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,271 Views)
Well, I am not sure if I get the entire picture here but you can always right-click on the module in the Project Explorer and change the terminal mode and input range settings. Do you have access to these settings? You can specify Differential mode over there. You can, then, use the I/O Node in FPGA I/O to access each individual channel in FPGA.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,265 Views)

I've indeed tried right clicking the module in the Project Explorer, thus my sentence "The module does not accept (or use) any property settings in the project manager regarding channels, modes or voltage."

I agree in theory, but it doesn't seem to care much for whatever those properties say.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,259 Views)
What version of LabVIEW are you using? Also, what kind of hardware are you using? Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of your Project Explorer?
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,242 Views)

It's the update from January (8.61?) on a CompactRio 9074 with 8 modules. (CAN 9853, DIO 9401, DIO 9403, DO9476, 2 * DI  9477, AI 9205 and AO 9264).

I'm not at the programming machine right now so the Project Explorer is not available for a screenshot. Anything in particular worth looking for? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,239 Views)

I am currently using this module for 32 AI, RSE.

You should be able to right click the module in project explorer and select properties.

You can adjust the voltage range, use raw or calibrated data, and chose the connection method. Referenced single ended, non-referenced single ended, and differential.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,211 Views)

Yes, like I said above I can do that, and they are indeed set to RSE and 32 channels. Doesn't seem to matter to the FPGA though. Anyone else had this issue or know how to set those properties from within the FPGA?

It could of course be a failure in the 9205 itself, but given that 16 channels do report that would be a bit strange. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,194 Views)

I have never had the issue you describe, we are currently using 4 of these modules in the field.

Do you have a screenshot of the I/O Node in your FPGA code?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,191 Views)

Are you able to set the values from within the FPGA, or do you use the host? 

No screenshots here I'm afraid, but basically the inputs come from 0-5v and 0-10v joysticks and different sensors. Trial outputs simply set by clicking the output node and using create indicator.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,187 Views)

I am afraid I really don't know what you are asking or what the issue is.

I have one FPGA I/O node with 32 I/O points for the 9205 card.  The inputs from this node are all built into a Front Panel array.

See attached.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,181 Views)