LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5-data average Mean PtByPt works

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a 1-D array of 500 numbers. I would like to use average of 5 data points. I found an example of Mean PtByPt in a loop. But nothing is connected to "i" and "N" inside the loop. Does the vi take care of "i" and "N" based on user input (500 elements and 5-data average)? How many elements are there in the output array? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,981 Views)

Hi little,

it would help to see your example of MeanPtByPt.

I'm using the PtByPt function coming with LabVIEW:
check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,969 Views)

So nothing is connected to "i" or "N". Thank you. I am still not clear about the output array. Regarding the first element of the output array, is it the average of first 5 data points? What about the last element of the output array? Please explain these to me. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,959 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author knowlittle

@knowlittle wrote:

I have a 1-D array of 500 numbers. I would like to use average of 5 data points. I found an example of Mean PtByPt in a loop. But nothing is connected to "i" and "N" inside the loop. Does the vi take care of "i" and "N" based on user input (500 elements and 5-data average)? How many elements are there in the output array? Thank you.

Autoindexing Tunnels is a very basic concept in LabVIEW.  I highly recommend you take some of the free online tutorials.

3 Hour Introduction
6 Hour Introduction
LabVEW Basics
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required
LabVIEW Wiki on Training
Learning NI
Getting Started with NI Products

In short, the FOR loop will iterate on the input array and will iterate once for each element in the array.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,958 Views)

Thank you for the links. I will take those courses.

Message 5 of 5
(2,940 Views)