LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4X4 Array within Intensity Graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is able to help me? I am trying to do a 4x4 array within an intensity graph, but at the moment I can only get a 2x8!!!!! It is probably something extrememly simple- I have attached the code and a screenshot to this message. Has anyone got any ideas??!!! Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(3,045 Views)

Can you share your code in LabVIEW Version 2011...!!

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(3,034 Views)

I don't have Labview 2011 - i might have an earlier version (Labview 8.6) Would this help? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(3,032 Views)

If you've LabVIEW 2012, you can use the same version to save an existing VI (or complete project) for previous version....
Well LabVIEW 8.6 will also do...!!

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(3,022 Views)

Instead of "split array...build array" use "reshape array" to a 4x4 2D array.

(You probably attached the wrong code, because you seem to split a size=16 array at position 16. From your description, you were splitting at position 😎 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(3,018 Views)

This is my first answer on these forums, but since no one else has jumped in, ... (I'll assume here that if I'm totally off base, someone knowledgable will correct me and I can go back to being a lurkerSmiley Tongue)

Let's see if I'm interpreting your question right.

If you use the "Split 1D array" VI you show there, you get a 2D array with dimensions 2 and whatever (8). If you were to use the "Reshape Array" VI, you can set the size of dimension 1 to be 4 and the size of dimension 2 to be 4. That what you want? Now, you may have to move things around within the new array to get the right data in the right place, but that's another question.

Cameron

[edit]

Darn, I was scooped while I was typing, but at least it was by a really good guy. (and I was right).

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(3,010 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HEAPO8

Hi 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(2,996 Views)

Hi I have another question about the same code. It is designned to look at 2 analogue inputs in the NI Elvis Kit II. My hardware has 2 Arduino 4051 multiplexers connected to a NI Elvis Kit II. Each multiplexer is able to connect to 1 analogue I/O on the elvis kit and because the multiplexer has 8 pins, it is able to produce 8 analogue I/O (So the arduino 4051 makes one NI Elvis analogue, have up to 8 analogue I/O).

I want to be able to read 16 analogue inputs on my intensity graph. I am hence using 2 analogue inputs on the NI Elvis Kit (8 analogue I/O for each input on the Elvis Kit). I am able to view data for Analogue Input 1, but I can see nothing for Analogue Input 2. I have the code connected to this post- can anyone help? It's [probably really simple but I am stumped by it at the moment! Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(2,975 Views)

Why did you change the array to 15 elements instead of 16?

Sorry, I don't have DAQ, so I cannot look at your IO configuration, but witing an analog signal to the index input of replace array subset makes no sense.

If you get 8 points for each read, wire a zero to the index of replace array subset for dataA and  a 8 for dataB using a second "replace array subset". This way they go into either the first or second half of the array. You could also concatenate the two 8 element arrays and then use replace.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(2,971 Views)

Hi 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(2,965 Views)