LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d plot cursor reversed axis

I recently started investigating the use of 3d plots in LV2010 for presenting data on a project. I need to label a data point and have it's position updated through time. I figured that a cursor would be the easiest way to accomplish this. However, when I inserted the cursor and placed it at the same coordinates as the data point via a properties dialog the cursor was not near the data point at all. The z position seemed fine, but the x and y position were at the opposite corner of the plot. After some frustration I determined that the problem is that I have the x and y axes inverted in the plot. Apparently the cursor doesn't recognize that the axes are inverted and is placed in the plot as if the axes were not inverted. Now that I know the issue I can accommodate it by calculating a new position for the cursor and get the label to follow the point through time as I want. I just though that I would share my discovery and see if anybody else has seen a similar issue.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,054 Views)

Hi sdfgdfgs,

Thanks for the post.  I haven't seen this before but feedback for issues like this are always appreciated.  Thanks for including how you made your workaround as well.

Sarah Yost
Senior Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,038 Views)