LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D bar graph: different color for the bars with different height

Hi everyone,

Do you know a method to set different color for the bars with different height in a 3D bar graph?  I need to draw a 3D color bar gradient graph like the picture attached, please give me some instructions, thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,470 Views)
The Color and Name property can set colors, but if it's Always the same you can simply click the color box in the Legend to set a color.
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,445 Views)
Hi Yamaeda, Thanks for your answer, but the Color and Name property can only set colors by row, while the bar colors in each row may be different in my case. The problem is the same by clicking the color box to set the color. Am I right? Do you have any other suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,428 Views)

It looks like you are looking for  a 3d scatter plot, with  the ability to change the xyz point style to a column,

which is orthogonal to the XY plane.

With the built-in functionality, I think this is the  closest you can get:

3d intensity plot.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,390 Views)

Hi alexderjuengere,

Thanks a lot, it is closer, but what I want is a slender bar from XY plane to top for each data point, while the point of the scatter graph is of a fixed length, looks like some floating points which makes a not very good visual effect.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,376 Views)

@SimonChen100 wrote:

Hi alexderjuengere,

Thanks a lot, it is closer, but what I want is a slender bar from XY plane to top for each data point, while the point of the scatter graph is of a fixed length, looks like some floating points which makes a not very good visual effect.

take a closer look, those are cubes of fixed sized, the cube's center represents the actual Z value.

detail.PNG

you could stack those cubes on top of each other to mimic a column.

stack_cubes.png

that is of course not practically, and doesn't look so well either.

the 3d Stem Plot allows to assign a line to each xyz point, which is orthogonal to the XY plane.

unfortunately, you can't assign a "volume" to this line

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,348 Views)

Hi alexderjuengere,

I think 3d Stem Plot is better, thanks for your suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,338 Views)