From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Plot Moves Relative to Front Panel When VI is Run

I have an application where I'm using the CWGraph3D ActiveX object in an ActiveX container. The problem I'm having is that when I run the VI, the container moves relative to the rest of the front panel. I've tried locking the ActiveX container to another object on the front panel, but it still happens. I have discovered that if I turn off the "Allow user to resize window" in the VI Properties-->Window Appearance, the problem goes away, but, I'd like my user to be able to resize the front panel. See images below. Notice the label and stop button shift up when the VI is running. VI attached that exhibits this behavior.

Edit Mode.jpg

Running.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,312 Views)

you have to hire some code in method of vi that i attach fo this post I hope it could help you the develop appropriate code for your goal

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,286 Views)

Looks  like  a  bug to  me. It  only happen under specific conditions. I observed it when the activex container is populated, the front panel window is maximized and a menu or toolbar is hidden when the vi is run. Setting the window appearance to default solve it but you may not want to see all the menu and toolbars. Changing the window mode to floating might also solve this.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,266 Views)

Good to hear I'm not the only one seeing this. I'll leave this open so it will get to an NI Applications Engineer and hopefully we can get a CAR filed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,235 Views)

Weirder yet, have you observed that the 3D Graph label is moving but not the control!

Definitely a bug.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,218 Views)