From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 axis choose 2 axis

i have a 3-dimensional array. each dimesnional represent an axis. how can choose either to plot a graoh.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,924 Views)

hi guys,

i have a 3 dimensional array. basically, they r in x, y and z array in order. previously, i have used to plot y and z array in an intensity graph. however now, i need x and z array to plot an intensity graph with z being control.

x=64 size

y=256 size

z=255 size

the output is 64 vs 255 graph

please help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,897 Views)
Not entirely sure what you are trying to do, but if you index a 3 dimensional array at any single index, you will get a 2 dimensional array you can plug into an Intensity Chart. Maybe try something like this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,889 Views)
thks steven . but i know about this.

what i need is given 3 d array. each dimensional is classify as x and y and z. and each of them contains a 2D which is capable plotting the intensity. now, we have to plot a graph with x vs z with a control over y.

my
3d array size

x=64
y=257
z=255 for ur own reference.. plss refernce to the earlier post for the code i did.

ty
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,877 Views)
is the description not clear? pls voice out?

no one is replying
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,859 Views)

It would help to have some example of your data.

I think you are trying to plot on an intensity graph, these x, y, and z values, but the x and y values are the coordinates for the z value.

Am I close?

- there is always an easy way, but it is always the hardest to find
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,853 Views)

Hi Sean1985,

After looking though the example you provided as well as the forum posts, I was able to create a possible solution for your application (see attached VI). Just to clarify your issue, to make sure I have the right mindset, you have a 3D array and you want to access the X-Z values (while holding Y constant) to create an intensity graph from. If this is the case, the attached VI creates a subset of the 3D array by holding the Y value constant and then auto-indexing the array into a 1-D array and then back out to a 2-D array skipping the addition of the Y components. It is definitely hard to conceptualize, so free feel to play with the attached file and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Jonah
Applications Engineer
National Instruments 

Jonah Paul
Marketing Manager, NI Software
Message 7 of 11
(2,835 Views)
thanks

Jonah
Applications Engineer
National Instruments 

I have some enquiry regarding your array subset. by setting y length as 1. How could u fix it as constant? I dun really get it after

reading thru context help  and playing with the vi

Moreover, previously i hoped that i could have some control over the constant. However, i set some other values but it apppeared that output array has no changes. 

I hope i could get a 2D graph(X vs Z) at an adjustable constant(y).

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,828 Views)

furthermore,

i would like to plot another graph with x vs y axis? how shall this be done?

please reply..

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,816 Views)
Hi,

Basically to summarise my earlier posts, i dun quite understand how the vi. Could anyone explain it again? especially the array subset? how could intiialize length is 1 ? whats the meaning?

Next, i wanted to plot another graph using X vs Y only by the same 3 dimensional array?

pls reply...
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,802 Views)