From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2x (U32 x 256 arrays) from RT to FPGA, how to program?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

My hardware is cRIO-9022. I have developed FPGA application where I compare one calculation value (fixed point) to reference value (U32). My problem is that it seems that there is not enough memory to transfer these reference arrays (U32) from RT to FPGA.

How I'm able to move these values to FPGA application? Inside FPGA application I must read these values from array. These values are changed quite rarely (mostly only when system is started).

I already use 3 FIFOs in my application.

Thanks a lot,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,500 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SnowForest

Hi Jim are these values Constant, when managing large arrays to save space you can use the memory blocks in the FPGA. If the values for your table are constant you can initialize the memory with them. In case they have to vary you can send them one time to the code (you can use handshaking, and save them to the memory block)

After the values are in the memory accessing the information from here is almost the same as doing it from an Array

In the FPGA part something like this inside a loop. Here you are waiting for the data to be ready when its ready you write it to the table, and the unset the flag.

Handshaking FGPA.png 

On the Host part you will have something like this:

Host.png

In here its very important that the Ready write flag is written after the data (order in the node).

Im attaching a small example with this

Best Regards

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
Message 2 of 3
(2,484 Views)

Thanks a lot, this structure solved my problem

-Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,472 Views)