LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

28 segment display with decimal point

Solved!
Go to solution
How can I make a 28 segment display and display a correct number from a numeric input and display 000.0 up to 999.9? I have a 7 segment display that was easy but i need a more efficient way to make it a 28 segment display.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(4,977 Views)

Here is one very easy solution - if you can live with the underscore for the decimal point - using Harvey Twiman's 7 segment font.

Message Edité par JB le 10-28-2008 09:31 AM
Message 2 of 27
(4,956 Views)
Here is NI's 7 segment font. In my opinion it doesn't look nice because is it too bold but it uses a point for the decimal point. There are several other fonts on the web.
Message Edité par JB le 10-28-2008 09:56 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(4,953 Views)
You might also be interested in these very nice looking custom controls from SGC-Tek.
Message 4 of 27
(4,944 Views)

Thanks to everybody who contributed but i am aware of the font change but i actually need it to light up boolean buttons and create the numbers. Here is what i mean.

I started to do it using a look up table converting the binary to decimal values but to go from 000.0 to 999.0 means I would have to convert to many numbers so i am looking for a more efficient way.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(4,913 Views)

Can you emulate a multi-digit 7-segment driver?   Break the number into 4 digits. (Be careful with the fractional part because of the binary representation of numbers).  Use a 10-element look-up for a single digit 7-segment display.  Loop 4 times.

Lynn 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(4,896 Views)
Ya i have done just 1 7 segment using the lookup but to get all 4 and a decimal point to work would require alot of values
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(4,891 Views)
Wait i think i see what your saying. You mean break up the grouping and creat 4 separate 7 segment displays and then loop it to get the correct number. Is that kind of what you meant?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(4,890 Views)

Yes.  Then you only need a small amount of code (for one digit) and repeat it as many times as you have digits.  This approach is also scalable.  If you would need to increase to 5 or 6 digits later, the only changes would be the display and the number of times you called the digit code.

Lynn 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(4,878 Views)
Ok thanks I will try this and get back to you!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27
(4,874 Views)