LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

16-bit logic analyser style display?

I need to display up to 16 bits of binary (1 or 0) data simultaineously on 16 separate graphs. I've tried stacking but this looks poor and labels for each bit cannot be shown next to the curve. Can anyone suggest a simple LabView control solution, please?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,478 Views)
Try to apply an offset to each one of your graphs (to first one add 1, to second one add 2 and so on ... ! after that use labels to identify them ! ). This way, you can bring all 16 graphs in one control.
Another solution it will be the use of a picture control which can offer you full flexibility (but it's not a simple solution)

good luck
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,478 Views)
Thanks for your quick response. I tried your first suggestion before asking the question, but wasn't entirely happy with the result. It was slow to perform the array changes and I couldn't easily add a label to each waveform. I don't yet feel sufficiently competent to attempt the second suggestion. The best answer I have now is to move to LabView version 6 that includes the control I need.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,478 Views)
LabVIEW 6 has a digital waveform graph. The simplest solution may be to upgrade.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,478 Views)
Thanks for responding so quickly, Dennis. I've found a LabVIEW 6 on another machine and this does the job perfectly.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,478 Views)