LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-113, "undefined header, read" error -1074000000

Hello, I am still fairly new to labview and I am writing a program to set an inputted voltage of a Yokogawa GS200  on and off at inputted. I currently also have a light that goes on and off when the voltage would be on or off as well. When I am running my code (attached below) I have an error pop up that says '-113, "undefined header, read" 0, "No error" -1074000000'. I am running labview 2015 SP1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,412 Views)

Hi Kelsey,

where does the "error pop up" appear? How does it look like?

Did you try to debug your VI? Step by step? Probes?

And please remove the classic Rube-Goldberg of "IF true THEN true ELSE false" from your VI. You implemented that one twice… 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,408 Views)

The error pops up both in the error box on my front panel as well as a pop up window (attached). I have tried to debug step by step as well as with the highlight execution tool. Could you please explain the better alternative to the if then else I was using. I am still very new to this!

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,401 Views)

Hi Kelsey,

so its an error of the Yokogawa device, reported to you by the Yokogawa driver VIs.

Check the Yokogawa manual. It will explain the error "-113". Once you know the explanation you can debug your VI to find the offending commands you send to your device…

As said before: with step-by-step debugging you will find the problem quickly!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,399 Views)

Generally I have found error -113 "undefined header" is most commonly a communications issue.

Either your communication settings are not correct or you're slamming commands in it too fast and overflowing an internal buffer causing it to receive corrupt commands.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,380 Views)

@Kelsey1923 wrote:

. Could you please explain the better alternative to the if then else I was using. I am still very new to this!

Read Rube Goldberg Code

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,371 Views)