LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-1073807339 VISA Read error in labVIEW

Hi,

I am getting VISA read error in LabVIEW when i try to read data using scope. I have two requirements as mentioned below,

1. Measure the Turn on time off the LRU output when the input 28V is applied to it. I connected 28V input to CH1 of scope and LRU output to CH2 of scope to measure the turn on time. this is working fine as expected.

2.The another requirement is to measure the Turn OFF time of the LRU output when the input is removed from it. i connected 28V input to CH1 of scope and LRU output to CH2 of scope. i am getting the following error in labview :-1073807339 VISA Read in SCOPE ReadCalc_7024440.vi->a_meas_cross_7024440.vi->Turnoff.vi.

i attached snap of NISpy (NiSpy.PNG) and Vi i used for Scope read (SCOPE READ.png).

Can anyone please help to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Kalpana 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,243 Views)

Hi,

anyone can help on this? i got stuck at this from past 3 days.

Thanks,

Kalpana

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,201 Views)

Hi kalpana,

which "scope" are you using?

Which LabVIEW version are you using? (Why are there green VISA references and what is this "E F G" string conversion function?)

2. You get a timeout error. This maybe is related to the VISAClose operation visible in your NISpy screenshot…

Is the timeout setting sufficient for the intended read operation?

i got stuck at this from past 3 days.

Your request is written yesterday: Please give us some time to answer your questions.

(And keep in mind the national holiday in several countries yesterday, with lots of people going on vacation today.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,194 Views)

Hi,

I am using Tektronix scope model name TVS621/621A, and LabVIEW 5.1 version. This is very old code written by some one and was working fine so far without any issue. suddenly we are seeing this issue from last 3 days.

Also can you please let me know how to configure VISA timeout in labVIEW 5.1. i created VISA property node but i am not seeing timeout option in the dropdown menu when i right click on VISA property node.

Thanks,

Kalpana 

Thanks,

Kalpana

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,190 Views)

Hi kalpana,

LabVIEW 5.1 version.

Long time ago. Had forgotten how VISA looked like in these days…

Which OS is this running on?

Are you expecting 18 years old code running in a 20 year old LabVIEW version to run flawless on modern computers forever?

This is very old code written by some one and was working fine so far without any issue.

Can you ask that "some one" ("tgw" from the block diagram comments?)?

suddenly we are seeing this issue from last 3 days.

What has changed 3 days ago?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,185 Views)

Long time ago. Had forgotten how VISA looked like in these days…

Which OS is this running on?

This is running on Win XP PC. i know it is not even supported by vendor now. since all the factory stations are developed long time ago, still we are proceeding with this.

Can you ask that "some one"?

He has left the company now Smiley Tongue

What has changed 3 days ago?

Nothing has been changed in these 3 days. the same scope is being used for some other test to measure the time, where it is working fine.

Thanks,

Kalpana

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,180 Views)

Hi kalpana,

He has left the company now

When he left "now" you surely got a phone number to call…

the same scope is being used for some other test to measure the time, where it is working fine.

So is the problem with the scope, with the computer running your VI - or with the VI itself?

Have you tried to (ex)change any of these 3 items to find the root of your problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,175 Views)

Issue is with VI only. Scope is working fine as it is used for other testing as well. i have increased the delay between Write and read to 5000 ms. it is not throwing error now, but i am reading negative time value in scope.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,170 Views)

Hi Kalpana,

increasing the delay between Write and Read is just "manipulating the symptoms", but not "solving the problem". Infact using a delay between Write and Read is just a "workaround", which should be replaced by proper TermChar usage (or implementing a protocol as used by your device)!

but i am reading negative time value in scope.

Either the scope reports this value as it is (which may a problem of the scope) or you convert that value in a wrong way (which may be your problem)…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,164 Views)