LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1) source LabVIEW 2012 and 2) target LabVIEW 2016 (executable)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to get a transform from LV 2012 to LV 2016 or 17 or 18.

Is it possible to get an executable?

Best Regards,

(We use MS Office 2016 and we got compatibilites issues in fact)

Office compatibilitiesOffice compatibilities

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,032 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author geanman

Hi geanman,

all you need is to install a recent LabVIEW version to do the conversion of your VI.

For the executable you need a license with AppBuilder included.

(We use MS Office 2016 and we got compatibilites issues in fact)

What is your problem?

(When you upgrade your Office software you should also think about upgrading your development tools like LabVIEW.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,020 Views)

Hello, 

Thanks for your answer. The problem is the following. 

I have : 

LV2012 (Base Developpement System) + Modules (Application Builder) + Toolkits (RG for MO). All is compatible with Office 2003, 2007 and 2010. 

We rencentlu changed the Office version to get from 2010 to 2016. What it is a bit weird, is to pay the upgrade just for being able to use Office 2016, if I understand. If there is no other possibilities, I will upgrade my LV version but the cost seems to be not neglige compared to the result !

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,014 Views)

Hi geanman,

We rencentlu changed the Office version to get from 2010 to 2016.

So you changed Office software version without checking for compatibility with other software in use before!?

What it is a bit weird, is to pay the upgrade just for being able to use Office 2016, if I understand.

- Well, LV2012 came out 4 years before Office2016. NI will surely not provide an update for LV2012 because of new Office! LV2012 isn't supported that much anymore: only the last 4 years are in "standard" support range…

- When you buy new Office you should also buy/upgrade new OS licenses (from Win7 to Win10). And you should upgrade your development tools (like LabVIEW) to a version supporting both the OS and Office software…

- Did you encounter any problems with new Office so far? (Even if compatibility is not guarenteed by NI most functionality should work as before with new Office.) Did you try to solve them before buying even more (NI) licenses? Which problems did you encounter?

If there is no other possibilities, I will upgrade my LV version but the cost seems to be not neglige compared to the result !

Well the main problems comes from upgrading Office without taking into account possible side effects.

Now you have to take the consequences…

(Just learned a new word: "neglige". Thanks.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,984 Views)