From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xBFFF001d and 0xBFFF0015 errors

Hi all,

I am a begginer who needs to control some devices with labview, so far I've maneged to control one of them as it has drivers and it is easy. Now I have to control a pump, I can control it with its own software but I am sure I am doing something wrong to do the same in labview sending commands due to my lack of knowledge.

The pump is connected to the computer through a USB port. In MAX it is recognised (COM4) and it says it works properly. The baud rate, data bits, stop bits, parity and flow is set up as the pump manual specified. In configuration> view attributes, in the attribute: is port connected, the following error appears " (0xBFFF001D) the specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource".

The pump manual says that OEM and DT protocols can be used. The commands are ASCII characters, and for instance, taking into account the manual, when "/1ZR" is written the pump is initialized. When I query so in the VISA test panel> input/output I get the error "0xBFFF0015 timeout expire before operation completed". I've also tried the *IDN?\n command and it is the same. When I try in the instrument I/O assistant the same error happens. The manual says nothing about the termination character.

Could you please help me?

Thank you very much

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,236 Views)
The attribute you mention is only for NI converters. You are supposed to ignore it.

You have not mentioned make and model of the device. You have not attached the manual. Sending idn of its not listed in the manual is a waste of time. The idn query is a GPIB standard. With the other command, you have not mentioned what termination character you are sending.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,227 Views)

Many thanks for your answer, it is a pump Cavro XLP 6000. I've attached the manual if it helps.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,220 Views)
The termination character for the dt protocol is clearly listed as a carriage return. How are you sending this, if at all?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,215 Views)

I've tried  /1ZR<CR> and /1ZRCR, how would you do please?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,209 Views)
A carriage return in MAX is \r.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,196 Views)

Yes, I also tried "/1ZR\r" but nothing. With other device I had the same problem when I tried to comunicate with it using commands, when using the drivers no problem at all. I know is smth I am doing wrong for that reason it would be very helpful to kow how to comunicate with it , I mean if someone has a clue of what is the problem or if it is the command structure and example that works would come in handy.

Thanks a lot!!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,189 Views)
Have you tried one of the simple report commands? Can you attach the MAX screenshot?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,183 Views)

Hi, I don't know why I am not able to attach the screenshots, when I press post the first one dissapears and the message is not posted....

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,127 Views)
The forum has long standing issues with attachments and certain browsers. Try a different browser or attach a zip file. Be sure not to use the preview.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,116 Views)