From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lego mindstorm nxt 2010 install error

Hi, I tried to install lego mindstorm nxt 2010 (LVLM2010) and got errors that some files are missing - see attached file. Please help and regards, Walter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,431 Views)

The problem is that all of the filenames inside the LVLM2010 folder have been errantly capitalized. This prevents the installer from finding required files because the names are incorrect.

Where did you obtain the installer for LVLM? My guess is the filenames were probably changed by copying the media from some other file-system or OS.

-Ethan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,406 Views)
I installed it in vmware-fusion (LabVIEW 2011 was also successfully installed) and dowloaded it directly there. So it seems not to be a filesytem problem, does it? Walter
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,399 Views)

Hi again.I did entpacking once more and tried to install it again. Now I got an error that LV2010 have to be installed before (LV2011 is already installed!) - see attached error message. So I Think that this package cannot be installed on LV2011. What do you mean? Walter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,393 Views)

LabVIEW 2011 should not make a difference.

LVLM is actually a version of LabVIEW 2010 that includes the "NXT Module" for interacting with LEGO Mindstorms.The error you are seeing now occurs when someone tries to install the NXT Module without LabVIEW 2010 installed.

When you unpacked this time were the filenames still capitalized? Did you try and run the NXT Module separately because LabVIEW2010 won't install?

There will be a version of the NXT Module for LabVIEW 2011 available very soon.

-Ethan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,388 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,365 Views)