LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teaching LabVIEW with EV3 - looking for collaborators

We teach LabVIEW to engineering students using the LEGO Mindstorms EV3 kits.

If anyone else is doing the same, we would like to communicate about swapping lecture materials and ideas.

We are finding very few online resources specifically for LabVIEW + the EV3. (Any pointers here are appreciated.)

Thanks!

- Matthew

Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,018 Views)

Hi Matthew,

I like the idea!  I've reached out to a couple contacts in Marketing and other departments to see if they have any insights or contacts that may be helpful for you.  I'll let you know if I find out anything.

Best,

David R.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,991 Views)

Hi Matthew,

Do you mind sharing more of your information, like which Univeristy you are with?  My contact in Marketing is currently reaching out to a professor he knows to gauge his interest in collaboration and want's to make sure you are included in conversations moving forward.  

If you don't feel comfortable here, you could also send it in a private message.

Best,

David Randolph

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,961 Views)

Sure! If your marketing contact can take a look at the attachment in my first post, it gives my email address, university (LeTourneau), and an example of what we are doing.

(Just to dis-ambiguate, a very small number of NI folks may know my name from when I taught at UT Austin, but LeTourneau is my home institution.)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,950 Views)

Great!

I let him know.  I'll keep you posted on what I find out!

Also, in case you want to try every avenue, a different colleague of mine found another forums that could be useful to you:

LEGO Education Community

https://community.education.lego.com/

It appears to have mostly resources far below college level, but it might still help to post there!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,939 Views)

Hi Matthew,

Just wanted to let you know that marketing is planning to reach out to you in the near future.  

Best of luck with your lessons!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,910 Views)