LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXT module is not compatible with 64 bit for 2011

I have a 64 bit computer. When I attempt to load in the NXT module for Labview for FTC 2011-12 tool kit it says that it could not install. The next area of concern is that I don't believe it loaded the 2011-12 toolkit. Since the installation summary says no software installed or removed. Where do I get a 64 bit version of the NXT file and how do I know that the FTC kit is installed.

Rookie coach on FTC so if the answer is simple sorry. I did search and did not see the solution. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,519 Views)

The Hemi,

The short answer is: no there isn't a 64bit version of NXT.

There is a community for FTC, and this is one of the posts in there.

64 bit Lab View

You can look at this community page in the future for FTC related questions.

FIRST Tech Challenge Community

Regards,

Danny F

Danny Funk -- Senior Group Manager -- Software R&D -- NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,514 Views)

Okay so I need to work the NXT item out. How about the Toolkit items. Will it loas on a 64 bit system and how do I know it is there Visually. What am I looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,508 Views)

You have a 64bit OS, that is irrelevant. Apparently, you installed LabVIEW 64 bit.

For compatibility with your toolkits, you should make sure to install the 32 bit version of LabVIEW. It is fully compatible with a 64 bit OS.

Once the tookits are installed, you will have additional palettes in LabVIEW that contain the additional functions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,502 Views)

Thanks Altenbach,

I have the 32 bit version loaded. It took me to do a little checking but I have the SP1 (32-bit) installed.

I just want to check that the FTC arm and Gripper is the complete 2011/2012 template.

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,499 Views)