LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXT - UltraSound sensor problem with LV 7.1

Hi All

I 've seen allready the question but did not seen the answer:

I am using Labview 7.1 , my ultrasonic sensor actualy does not measure any distance ; it sends always 255.

What could be the problem for that?

TX Arik

my personal email is : arik_123@walla.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,260 Views)

Hi Arik:

Thanks for starting a new topic.  Sorry for my delayed response -- I've been on vacation for several days.

Can you tell me what version of the NXT firmware you are using?  Have you gotten other sensors to work successfully?  Is there any way you can test your ultrasonic sensor with another NXT? What distances are you expecting to measure with your sensor?

------
James Blair
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,234 Views)

1. The version of the nxt is 1.01

2. All other sensors are working OK

3  I entered the sensor block into loop and with my hand varied the disance frm 1 cm to 50,60 cm , the same readout 255!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,227 Views)

I'd recommend upgrading your firmware.  You can download version 1.05 from the MINDSTORMS support website:

http://mindstorms.lego.com/support/updates/

Look for the download named "LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Firmware v1.05."  I know an earlier revision of the firmware fixed some ultrasonic sensor problems.

Another thing to try: what happens if you experiment with the ultrasonic sensor "Try Me" program on the NXT?  After you turn on your NXT, use the arrows to find the Try Me icon, select it, and then find the Try-Ultrasonic program. Connect your sensor to port 4, and listen for the pitch of the tone to change as you move your hand in and out of the path of the sensor.
------
James Blair
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,223 Views)